Cyber security must remain at the forefront of your business operations, especially as we continue to see significant data breaches. To help combat this ever-growing cyber threat, it’s important to remember several crucial tips that will help ensure your web operations remain secure:
- Create unique passwords for each site you work on, making sure they are strong.
- Never leave your devices unattended. If you need to step away, lock them.
- Exercise caution when clicking on links or attachments within an email.
- Ensure that your anti-virus software is up-to-date at all times and back this up regularly.
- Be cautious with what you connect to your computer, such as flash-drives, etc.
- If an unfamiliar contact requests sensitive info via phone or email, ignore them.
- Always monitor your accounts for any suspicious activity.
Though many of these tips seem fairly obvious, data breaches usually occur do to one or more of these simple steps being ignored. To prevent your business from being exposed, make sure you and your employees follow these basic security measures to stay ahead of the hackers.
Cisco Umbrella – umbrella.cisco.com