The Appraisal Foundation recently issued a press release to announce its 2014 appointments of Officers to the Board of Trustees, as well as its appointments to two of the organization’s three independent boards. All appointees include individuals from the real estate, personal property, and business valuation disciplines.
The Appraisal Foundation’s independent boards work to ensure that the appraisal profession adapts to any changing circumstances within the industry. Among other activities, these boards provide appraisers with amended standards so their work can remain thorough, up-to-date, and accurate. They also offer voluntary guidance on recognized valuation methods and techniques to address the most pressing valuation questions, and set the minimum qualifications for real estate appraisers.
2014 Officers of the Board of Trustees:
- Elizabeth von Habsburg – appointed as Chair
- Anthony V. Aaron – appointed as Vice Chair
- Adam Johnston – appointed as Treasurer
- Jane C.H. Jacob – appointed as Secretary
- Herb Jourdan – appointed as Assistant Treasurer
- Thomas Callahan – appointed as Assistant Secretary
Appointees to the Appraisal Standards Board:
- Barry Shea – reappointed for a three-year term; also appointed as Chair for 2014
- J. Carl Schultz Jr. – appointed as Vice Chair for 2014
- Margaret Hambleton – reappointed for a three-year term
- Theddi Wright – appointed for a one-year term
- Steven Berg – appointed for a two-year term
Appointees to the Appraiser Qualifications Board:
- Wayne Miller – reappointed for a two-year term; also appointed as Chair for 2014
- Gary Taylor – reappointed for a two-year term, also appointed as Vice Chair for 2014
- Mark Lewis – appointed for a three-year term
- Joseph Traynor – appointed for a three-year term
All appointees listed above will begin serving their terms on January 1, 2014.