The Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization (MISMO)—which is the not-for-profit subsidiary of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) that develops technology standards for the mortgage industry—is now seeking nominations for qualified industry professionals to serve on its Governance Committees for two year terms beginning in January 2013. There are currently positions available on both the Residential and Commercial Governance Committees, and the nomination period will continue until 8:00pm EST on Friday, November 9th, 2012.
In a recent press release issued by MISMO, the organization said that these Governance Committees are responsible for “providing strategic and tactical guidance to MISMO’s workgroups and standards development activities, and maintaining the architectural consistency of the MISMO standards in accordance with MISMO’s policies and procedures.” Both the Residential and Commercial Governance Committees will report directly to MISMO’s Board of Directors.
The Residential Governance Committee consists of 18 representatives that are elected from residential MISMO subscriber companies in specific industry categories, and the Commercial Governance Committee consists of 6 representatives that are elected from commercial MISMO subscriber companies from 4 industry classes—half of the seats in each committee are up for election each year.
If you would like to nominate either yourself or another industry professional for any of the available seats listed below, please email the following information to info@MISMO.org:
- Nominator’s name and company
- Nominee’s name and company
- Nominee’s email address
- Nominee’s phone number
- Nominee’s qualifications (brief bio)
- Title of the Governance seat that the nominee wishes to fill
Please note that only MISMO subscribers in good standing may serve on the Governance Committees. If you’re not already a MISMO subscriber and would like to become one, please click here to view the subscriber application form.
Residential Governance Seats Up for Election:
- GSE – Government Sponsored Enterprise (1 Seat)
- Residential Lender – Lender, Mortgage Company, or Broker (2 Seats)
- Mortgage Insurance (1 Seat)
- Origination Technology – Provides business applications to originate loans (1 Seat)
- Service Provider – Represents service areas such as Flood, Fraud, Property Assessment, Title, Tax, etc. (1 Seat)
- Servicing Technology – Provides business applications to service loans (1 Seat)
- Technology Vendor – Provides technology to support origination, servicing, selling, or investing (1 Seat)
- At Large – Any residential MISMO subscriber (1 Seat)
Commercial Governance Seats Up for Election:
- Commercial Primary Market (1 Seat)
- Investor (1 Seat)
- Commercial Service Provider (1 Seat)
There is also 1 “At Large” seat open in the Commercial Governance Committee, but unlike all the other seats that are currently available, this position is only for a 1 year term.
MISMO—or the Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization—is a not-for-profit subsidiary of the Mortgage Bankers Association, and is a developer of technology standards for both residential and commercial property transactions within the United States. MISMO is tasked with improving data consistency within the mortgage industry, and the organization’s goals are to reduce costs, increase transparency, and promote confidence in mortgages for investors. For more information, please visit the organization’s website.